Tuesday 25 January 2011

I literally have no idea what I am doing...

I have decided to finally put my English degree to use and write something. I am hoping it will help keep me sane during these impossibly long winter days in England. At the moment the sun rises just before 8 a.m. and sets just after 4:30 p.m. That is not enough sunshine for me! I am seriously considering taking Mr. Baby on a holiday. Eight and half hours of sunshine is just not normal. 

So I will write this even if no one reads it as talking to myself is something I tend to do all day anyway. 

This first post is more of an introduction. I hope to comment a lot on the strangeness of living and parenting in a culture that is vastly different to the one I grew up in. I also plan on writing about my daily adventures with Mr. Baby. EVERY day is an adventure and a learning experience.

I have a lot of strong views on subjects that I am passionate about. I am a total intactivist and will definitely write a whole blog about that soon. I am passionate about natural parenting and spend way too much time trying to figure out how to live my life in a more natural manner. (I can spend HOURS reading about cloth nappies/diapers and how to clean my house without using any chemicals. What did I do with my time before now?!) 

So, in closing this first post, I want to explain the title of my blog. I am originally from the States and now reside in a little medieval town in Kent, England. Pretty much daily I need to answer the question, "How did you end up here?" It is interesting because I need to think about the journey that has brought me over 3,000 miles away from my home and my family on a near daily basis. I still don't really know why I decided to move away. It was a total whim. I knew I was bored and stagnant at home and just decided to go with it. I guess it was the right decision because I ended up with a loving husband and a beautiful baby boy. It never ceases to amaze me how one decision can completely change your life. 

On that note, good night. I PRAY Mr. Baby sleeps so that I can stop being such a frazzled mess and can be nicer to my husband.

3 comments:

  1. Well, I am certainly interested in how you ended up there! Please tell.

    I am a Henry's mama too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful beginning to your blog! I can't wait to read on.

    Also, I am responding to your e-mail this morning! I was so tired yesterday, dude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have followers AND comments!! Way to make a girl feel loved :) I'll explain the story in a new post then... And Bethany I'll follow yours once I figure out what I'm doing!! :)

    ReplyDelete