Wednesday 26 January 2011

How I ended up here

Firstly, I am writing this from my iPhone so I will do my very best to catch any autocorrects!

This is for Laura. 

I will now give the actual story as to how I ended up here. Please keep an open mind as mine is pretty far out there (at all times).

It all started in June of 2007 when I went to visit this amazing psychic. I was teaching high school at the time but had no job for the upcoming school year. My soul was literally aching to travel (cliche- but there is no other way to explain it). I had just come back from Bermuda and was desperate to move there so I went to the psychic to see what she had to say.

Let me interrupt the story to explain that this woman is no "Madam Zelda," turban wearing, crystal ball looking, weirdo. She is a lovely woman who has an incredible gift.

Back to the story...

She told me that I'm supposed to move to England. I was pretty dismayed at this news as England is not known for its pink sand and warm weather. She also told me that my mother (dead) had a husband picked out for me and that I'll meet him before my 26th birthday. I reluctantly decided that a husband might be better than pink sand and applied to the first teaching agency that I saw online. I figured that if it was fated, then I wouldn't need to do anything else. I was right! I got a job and moved over in August of 2007. The job I got is how I met my husband- exactly one month before my 26th birthday. I knew he was the one from the first second I saw him. We were married ten months later. The end.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, that is absolutely, totally amazing!

    You are seriously exotic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok. That is perfect and I laughed out loud to read that you were "dismayed" about having to move to England!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I swear I didn't even read Bethany's comments before I started my sentence with "ok".....

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you were wanting Bermuda and ended up in England, you would be dismayed as well!!! :)

    ReplyDelete