Tuesday 20 September 2011

the herbalist and the diet.

So I went to the herbalist today and she confirmed what I thought; I have a candida issue. Basically it's when the yeast in your body mutates to its fungal form and creates havoc. Utter havoc.

I have been symptomatic for my whole life- as long as I can remember. It stems from eating a poor diet, taking antibiotics and being on birth control. The symptoms for me are: damaged thyroid, obesity, lethargy, exhaustion, thrush, fuzzy head, and a rampant skin condition. Fun.

So I went to see the herbalist today and she did some crazy Kinesthology stuff and basically found that I have a major candida issue but also have issues with dairy. The result: I am going to have to give up A LOT of food. I know I should focus on what I can eat and the positive results that will happen but I am still a little daunted by the list of foods that I simply can't eat- at least for a while.

Right now I am eating a takeaway pizza and drinking some elderflower cordial. It's my last supper if you will. As of tomorrow I will no longer be able to eat: wheat, dairy, seeds, nuts, fruit, SUGAR, alcohol, anything fermented, or anything with yeast.

WOW. So I will be eating meat, eggs, fish, vegetables, (no sweet potatoes!!! ahhhh), brown rice (in moderation), potatoes (in limited moderation), and quinoa.

Hopefully my energy levels should show up finally on this diet and obviously the weight will fall off. Those are the two motivators. I will update on my progress because I really want to keep track of how my body responds to this. Hopefully some of you will want to know as well :)

Right, off to bed!! 









3 comments:

  1. :( How altogether un-fun. I would be feeling overwhelmed too. Keep us posted, I'm sure it will be much easier as you start to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That SUCKS!! I had Candida Albican issues a while back... I got a list of foods to eat with my blood type, etc. I need to dig that list up again.. since TONS of stuff I eat I am not supposed to.. **sigh** I also think I might have some dairy issues not always but some places will do it to me...hope you feel better soon!! Keep us posted! xoxo

    ReplyDelete