Sunday 1 January 2012

New Years and some new thoughts

It's been a while since the last post. I had to go off my diet and I am still very sad about it. I am pregnant though and my cravings and morning sickness took precedence over any diet I was supposed to be following.

I am VERY happy to say that I am coming out of the other side of the first trimester and am feeling so well compared to the last eight or so weeks. As a result, I am hoping to be able to go back to some semblance of the diet I was on. I am LOVING starches though and I don't see that going anytime soon. I will try to cut back my bagel habit out because I am fully aware of the effect it is having on my skin and my energy.

I am in the middle of a really good book that is changing the way I think about eating. It is called The Slow Down Diet and it is written by Mark David. It's brilliant and I am looking forward to putting his eight metabolic enhancers into practise. It seems totally doable when pregnant which is more than I can say for any other diet I have thought about.

It's not really a diet so I think that's why it's resonating with me at the moment. It speaks to me because it basically says what I kind of already knew but in an organised and well thought out, scientific manner. It talks about breathing properly, slowing down when eating, eating during the day instead of at night and eating good quality foods. I knew all of that but I NEVER do it. Plus, he makes it sound so good and so important that I feel compelled to do it.

Another exciting development in my life is that I have given up facebook- COLD TURKEY. My addiction was ridiculous. I was spending up to 10 hours a day on there. WHAT?? When I think of what I could accomplish during that time, it makes me sick. Even if I spent that time reading a book or blogging, it's better than mindlessly refreshing the page looking to see who hates Mondays or is mad that it's snowing. I'll miss sharing updates about Henry but if I get off of facebook, I might actually have something to update.

I am really hoping to find my energy and motivation. It has been gone for so long and it's not fair to Henry. Especially if I am going to be adding another lovely baby to the family. I need to get my s**t together! So I will blog my progress so if anyone cares can read it and you can cheer me on :)

I wish everyone a happy new year and I hope that this year will be a wonderful one for all of us!



3 comments:

  1. Cheering you on! :-) I'm sure your motivation will come back now that you are feeling better. I always feel like I could sleep for the first three months of pregnancy.
    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Robyn! I certainly hope so... I NEED it!

    ReplyDelete